To enrol at Hampton Primary School your child must turn 5 years old by April 30th in the year they begin school.
This year, the Department of Education (DE) has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline. The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Hampton Primary School.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24 April 2023).
You are now able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Hampton Primary School, as from 24 April 2023. Applications close on 28 July 2023.
For more information about Hampton Primary School, please engage with this website and download the Parent Information Handbook.
2024 Enrolment Process
1. Complete the Enrolment Application Form below. This form must be filled in electronically, saved and sent back to the school email address email@example.com.
2. Provide required evidence and supporting documentation (due Friday 28 July). Please scan and attach all required supporting documentation when forwarding your enrolment form.
- Birth certificate
- An Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register
- Evidence for demonstrating permanent residential address, refer to Determining permanent residence. This may be presented in the form of driver’s license with the correct address, rates notice or account with supporting address details.
- Australian Residency and other visa documentation
- Court orders or care arrangement documents
- Health support forms. This may include a Medication Authority Form, an Asthma Action Plan, ASCIA Action Plan for Anaphylaxis or other forms relevant to a student’s medical condition as diagnosed and treated by a medical practitioner. Students can still be enrolled without provision of these forms, but they must be provided before commencing school. For more information please refer to Health Care Needs, Medication, and Anaphylaxis.
3. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you must accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
4. Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Terms 3 and 4, 2023
5. Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au. It hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.